Friday, June 11, 2010

Lessons from Vancouver, Canada

I was on holiday in Vancouver for a week or so and had the chance to visit Epic Vancouver, a green living exhibition which really got me excited!
Even without visiting the expo, I was already impressed by how environmentally conscious people there are. Perhaps my relatives whom I was staying with were exceptional greenies. They put all their recyclables out for curbside collection. They brought their reusable bags to the stores. They left their cars at home whenever they can and combined errands whenever they used the cars. They did as much as they could. I hope they are part of the norm instead of an exception.
The expo was going one step further. I'm impressed by the wide variety of products available and how enthusiastic the people involved were in living sustainably. Malaysia is on the way there. Lets do our part!

1 comment: